Smart pump for Microtector II G450 and G460
Confined spaces present dangers due to toxic and flammable gases as well as oxygen deficiency. For this reason, they must be analyzed before they are entered. Remote monitoring by pump is also essential while work is being carried out in the shaft. For this purpose, we have developed the smart pump G400-MP2, which adds a pump function to the portable gas detection devices Microtector II G450 and G460.
The G400-MP2 is attached to a G450 or G460. When the pump is switched on, the diffusion openings of the gas detection device are covered so that the measurement results are not influenced by the ambient air. Faults in the pump are also indicated on the gas detector's display thanks to smart communication with the gas detector. The pump's own power supply ensures that the gas detection device's battery life is not shortened during pump operation.
Equipment and technique
Thanks to the high under-pressure performance, confined spaces such as ducts, cellars and tanks can be cleared from a safe distance before and while they are entered by people with portable gas detection devices. The flow rate is up to 0.5 liters per minute. With an alkaline battery, 10 hours of continuous operation of the pump is possible, with NiMH battery even 12 hours. Like the G450 and G460 gas detection devices, both the battery and the rechargeable battery are approved for Ex zone 1.
Key features at a glance:
- Suitable for the portable gas detection devices G450 and G460
- Clearance measurement of confined spaces
- Suction power for distances up to 100 m
- Up to 12 hours continuous operation
- Communication with gas detection device (e.g. display of errors)
- ATEX certification: II 2G Ex ia IIC T4 Gb (NiMH-II), II 2G Ex ia IIC T3 Gb (NiMH), II 2G Ex ia IIC T4 / T3 (Alkaline), I M1 Ex ia I Ma