Versatile controller for smaller gas detection systems
Gases are also used (or may be found) in smaller facilities such as combined heat and power plants or cold stores. A reliable gas detection system therefore makes a significant contribution to the safety of people, equipment and the environment. We developed the GMA22-M specifically for gas measurement in these applications. Up to four transmitters and relay modules can be connected to the controller. A display indicating the measured values, integrated visual and audible alarms, and four internal relays for additional safety measures complete the GMA22-M's extensive features.
Gases need to be monitored in many processes - regardless of the size of the plant. Even in smaller applications, a gas warning system is indispensable. The GMA22-M is the ideal controller for this purpose, if
- up to four transmitters are used
- you need to monitor toxic and combustible gases or oxygen
- a central display of measured values is required outside hazardous areas
- internal or external relays are required for safety measures
- you want acoustic and visual alarms to be initiated if gas dangers are present
Wide range of connection options
Up to four transmitters can be connected to a GMA22-M via the RS-485 interface. In addition to the measured values, the controller also receives digital information such as status messages and service notifications. Alternatively, transmitters can also be connected through an analog 4-20 mA or 0.2-1 mA input.
If it is one of GfG's ACDC capable transmitters, digital information can also be transferred via the analog lines (only via 4-20 mA). Many GfG transmitters can be calibrated remotely either using ACDC or digital integration. This simplifies service work so significantly that it can be performed by a single technician.
The GMA's dimensions (97 x 140 x 50 mm) are exceptionally small, allowing it to be mounted to a wall almost anywhere. The housing is protected against the ingress of dust and splash water according to IP64. This enables use under difficult external conditions.
The 2.2-inch display is backlit in color. It lights up green in normal operation and red in the event of an alarm. The alarm levels are indicated by two red LEDs. The integrated horn will also give an additional acoustic alarm. Two further LEDs indicate operating and special states in green and yellow. The pushbutton interface below the display allows for intuitive operation and alarm acknowledgement.
Internal and external relays
The GMA22-M has four integrated relays for executing safety measures. Up to four additional GMA200-RT relay modules can be connected via the RS-485 interface. With 16 floating signal change-over contacts each, the number of relays is increased up to 64. The GMA200Config software is used to configure the GMA22-M and the relay modules. Alarms, faults and measured values can be recorded on a microSD card via the data logger, if desired.
The GMA22-M is available in four different versions:
- GMA22-MW (230 V AC): 3x change-over contact, 1x make contact, power supply integrated
- GMA22-MW (24 V DC): 4x change-over contact
- GMA22-MS (230 V AC): 4x make contact, power supply integrated
- GMA22-MS (24 V DC): 4x make contact
Each version is optionally available with a digital or analog input signal.
Key features at a glance:
- Suitable for any GfG transmitter
- Monitors one to four measuring points
- 4 integrated relays for safety concepts
- 4-20 mA (ACDC capable) or RS-485 (Modbus)
- Color backlit 2.2" display
- Four colored status LEDs
- Visual and audible alarm
- Compact housing for wall mounting (IP64)
- Data logger (microSD card)
- With or without integrated power supply
- Different relay versions
- Relay module for extension
Extensions and accessories
Relay module for extension of the GMA200 series and the GMA22
Relay module with display for extension of GfG controllers
Relay module for wall mounting to expand the GfG controllers
Here you'll find the complete list of accessories for the GMA22
» download PDF